The Pantiles is a Georgian Colonnade and the original shopping area in Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent also known as the Walks and the Royal Parade. it leads from the well situated at the entrance of the Pantiles that gave the town its name.
The buildings on the Pantiles were originally constructed from wood, but were destroyed by a fire in 1687 and in the following years were rebuilt into the distinctive colonnade that still remains
The area was originally one of the most fashionable destinations in Europe where visitors walked in the shade of the trees enjoying the finest shops in the land, the Fairfax Gallery offers a glimpse of such standards.
Founded in 1995 the Fairfax Gallery is one of the longest established businesses on the Pantiles and welcomes visitors from all around the world.